Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Summer is finally here...

Well, we have finally finished our school year at the Bear Valley Bible Institute. Things have been very hectic over the last few weeks working up to graduation, but we made. I realize that I have posted much lately, but I hope to catch up over the summer. Here are some tidbits to get started:

Permission Evangelism Seminar
A few weeks ago, I had the pleasure of conducting a seminar on "Permission Evangelism" at the Lakeside church of Christ in Colorado Springs, CO. This is a topic that I will talking much more about in the coming weeks. I am very excited about this concept and look forward to discussing it more. This concept helps churches develop relationships with people over time - rather than simply trying a "one shot" attempt to get people into the Bible. This process can even make door knocking more productive! Look for more posts on this topic very soon.

The New Logos Bible Software
I have been using the new version of the Logos Bible Software (I guess it would be more correct to call it Libronix) and I must say that I am stunned! Often times new software versions are a disappointment, but let be tell you this is one that will blow you away. There are so many new features and reports that getting deeper into the text is a breeze. The new Reverse Interlinears (ESV and NRSV only at this point) are very helpful and the new Bible Word Study report is astounding in the depth it provides. I wish I had time to talk about all the cool new features, but I don't. I will say however that if you are currently not using software to help you study the Bible, now is the time to consider it. If you are a preacher or Bible teacher, Logos can save you dozens of hours in sermon prep time and digging into research for classes. I really cannot say enough good things about this software...check it out.

New podcasting planned for the fall
I am in the process of planning new podcasting for the Bear Valley Bible Insitute by the fall. It is my hope that we will be able to make more content available from an archive of old tapes we have stored. In addition to the current podcasts we offer, we will be doing some "blast from the past" podcasts that may include sermons from past instructors and staff (i.e., Roy Lanier, Sr., Roy Lanier, Jr., Roy Baker, Monroe Tharp, etc...). If you are not currently listening to our podcasts you can find them through Apple's iTunes (it is free and avaiable for both Macs and PCs) or visit our blog. For instructions on how to get our podcasts click here.

I am also planning to begin podcasting sermons and selected classes from the Bear Valley church of Christ once our new preacher arrives. We are very excited that Neal Pollard has accepted the position as our new preacher. He and his wife Kathy and their children should be joining us soon. Neal has served as the pulpit preacher for the Cold Harbor Road church of Christ, in Mechanicsville, VA for the past 12 years. We look forward to providing these podcasts very soon.

Check back soon for more...

No comments: